I needed a small dresser, and was unable to find what I wanted at the thrift stores I visited, so I decided to try Ikea. The Tarva dresser was the right price, and a great canvas. I had myself a weekend project. Little did I know how much work I was getting into.
Painted a white frame about 2 inches in from the edges.
Marked it lightly with pencil.
I used painters tape 2 inches from the edge to create a frame, being very careful to keep the tape off of the pencil line.
Here are the drawer and sides of the dresser taped and ready for paint.
I left out pictures of the hours it took to assemble the dresser.
Whew a, what a pain in the a$$!
Here is the dresser before the final touches.
I measured and taped where I wanted the vines to be, then freestyled the leaves
I picked up the knobs at Hobby Lobby...and it's done! I feel like I played it a little safe with these colors, but all in all, I'm happy with it.